Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fab Femdom Guest Blog By Charlotte Stein


Indigo Skye: Ink and Art
Welcomes Author Charlotte Stein!

Charlotte Stein has published many stories in various erotic anthologies, including Fairytale Lust from Cleis, and Sexy Little Numbers, from Black Lace. Her own collection of short stories, The Things That Make Me Give In, was named one of the best erotic romances of 2009 by Michelle Buonfiglio. She also has novellas and a novel out with Ellora's Cave, Total-E-Bound and Xcite, and lives in West Yorkshire with her husband and their imaginary dog. You can contact her at her blog: The Mighty Charlotte Stein


Fake Beard Hairy

By Charlotte Stein

Recently I did a post on my blog about femdom books I like. Mainly because they’re so rare they should be snuffled out by pigs and cost three million pounds a kilo. I also talked about why I like femdom, but I didn’t really get into the biggest reason why. The thing that rings my bells above all others, and brings me back to it time and time again.

Role Reversal

Oh, I love a bit of role reversal. It’s why I’ve always liked the idea of a man in drag, even though I don’t have a specific fetish for men wearing women’s clothing. I just like the idea of a guy who’s not afraid to put on women’s underwear because it somehow accosts his masculinity.

I like a guy who doesn’t care whether people think he’s masculine, or not. Who would happily let his lady friend put lipstick on him and parade him around the living room, because he’s satisfied in his big manly hairiness and doesn’t need anyone to reaffirm it. Quite the opposite. He’s tough enough to let someone challenge it.

And I do love to challenge my characters. I like to challenge myself, to write about men in a way that hardly anyone else does–and do it as realistically and as well as I possibly can. It’s a tough job sometimes, because so often people hate femdom because of how badly it can go wrong. People see the word and think it means some dribbly, weakass guy crying under the boot heel of an Amazonian woman in leather. Which can be hot, I’m sure.

But hotter yet, for me, is the real role reversal stuff. Like scenarios that so often find a heroine in a submissive position – punishment for transgressions, spankings, etc – only, you know. With a guy in the submissive role. Like a recent story I wrote, that had a married couple playing non-consensual role play games.

Though I’m sure you can tell by now who was doing the non-consenting in my warped version of the real world. Yeah, that’s right. I went there. And I’ve been to other places, too, like the gender swapped version of the movie Secretary.

Seriously, how hot would that be? For the one percent of you who like femdom?

I think very hot. I can just picture Maggie Gyllenhaal now, bossing James Spader around. Making him wear that weird restraining arms thing. Spanking him for making typos. Forcing him to jerk off in the men’s room because it’s all just too hot to bear.

Oh yeah, I like that last one especially. I want big, hairy, gorgeous men to jerk off in men’s rooms, because my heroines are wicked wanton wenches who’ve made them do it. Sometimes just with a look. Sometimes with a list of detailed instructions and a helpful picture based manual. I can draw graphs if you’d like me to, mysterious hairy submissive guy. I can even explain to you why I’m sticking fake beards all over your body:
Because that’s how obsessed I am with the hairy element of all of this. He has to be hairy. And he has to like lists and instructions and getting arrested for public obscenity because there were cameras in that men’s room. Who knew?

Apart from my heroine, because she’s a hardass all the way, even if she’s not wearing leather and hasn’t had her make-up done by Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.

Because as much as I like my men burly while they’re busy crawling around on all fours for being a naughty puppy, I like my heroines to be real women. Not some reject from a bad fantasy movie. I like her to be soft and feminine, even if she’s also cruel and hard. Femdom doesn’t mean soulless bitch.

Femdom, for me, is let’s step out of our usual roles, and see what comes up. Yeah, let’s really dig around, and see.














2 comments:

  1. oh my god. Charlotte. you make me laugh every time. you always make my day. haven't read Giving yet, but it's on my list. some days I wonder if I should just chuck writing and become a pro reader so i can catch up! :)

    xoxo
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Indigo, for having me!

    And to Sommer, for stopping by and commenting. Totally know how you feel, BTW. I've just started loading up my Kindle and by God there are a lot of books in the world.

    ReplyDelete