Monday, July 4, 2011

Celebrating Independence Day with the Uniform Behaviour Crew! Indigo Skye Interviews Cassandra Carr


Indigo Skye: Ink and Art
Welcomes Author Cassandra Carr!




Q: Cassandra, readers are eager to know all the dirty details behind your erotic story, Circling. Was the story you penned for Uniform Behaviour based on a hot real-life hook-up, or a sizzling fantasy?

A: Ny hottest experience with a man in uniform was the basis for my story, Circling. I steamed it up a bit for the book, but that guy in the story? He and I did "circle" around each other for a couple of months before getting together and dating for a year and a half.


Q: Any steamy new projects in the works? We'd love to dish about your latest release and any works in progress you'd like to discuss.


A: Oh man, have I got projects in the works... *takes deep breath* My current release, Talk to Me, is available now. It's about a radio producer who is seduced by her new host's voice. I'm thrilled that the book is getting a lot of great reviews! Right now I'm editing my next release, Caught, which Loose Id will release in December 2011. It's a BDSM holiday-themed novella. How do BDSM and the holidays fit together? I guess you'll have to read and find out! I'm revising the first of my bull rider series as well, and writing a my first menage story.

 Q: Your pick for hottest uniform- soldier, policeman, fireman, or priest? (If none of these do it for you, what is your favorite uniform and why?)


A: For some reason I find firemen kinda sexy. I think it's the tight T-shirts and the fire pants.



 Q: When you're not hard at work creating steamy erotica, how do you like to spend your time?


A: I'm a bit of a hockey freak. Okay, more than a bit. I also love to garden - I'm wrestling my perennial beds back into submission after a few years of letting them go while I was pregnant and had a newborn. I don't watch much TV, but I'm loving True Blood and Mad Men on DVD, and I watch White Collar and Burn Notice religiously. I can also be found skulking around Twitter (@Cassandra_Carr is my handle).

Q: I'm always interested in what other authors are reading. Your top three picks for a great book to read on the beach?

 A: LOL! Now that I have an ereader it's easier to read the kinds of books I enjoy - erotic romance. Before I had people looking at me like I was reading a skin mag or something - pretty ridiculous. My top three picks for a beach... hmm... I'm going to say any of Lorelei James' Rough Riders series, any of Jaci Burton's Wild Rider series, or any of Maya Banks' Sweet series. I'm going to the national conference for Romance Writers of America in a few weeks and am hoping to meet all three of these awesome ladies and get my books signed. Yes, writers are total fangirls for other writers!


Q: Tell us about your day as a writer- do you stick to a set schedule, or just write when inspiration strikes?

 A: Neither, unfortunately. I write when I can, since I stay home with my toddler. Most of my writing gets done either when my mother-in-law takes her for the day or between 9:00 p.m. and midnight. When I get going, I can put at least a couple thousand words on the page in a few hours.

 Q: What inspires you, makes you itch to write?

A: Luckily, tons of different things inspire me, but most of all - I love love love telling a love story. Sure, erotic romances have more sex and the scenes are graphic, but the characters are still falling in love. I don't really have a choice about writing - I need to do it.


Q: Are any of your stories based on personal experiences, or are they mostly derived from your fantasies/imagination?

A: My stories, with the exception of Circling, are almost entirely taken from my wild and wooly imagination. I have to say - I wish my sex life was as exciting (and frequent!) as my characters'. But fear not, readers, I have plenty more ideas - I actually have an "ideas folder" on my laptop and besides my current writing I have no less than a dozen other ideas.

Q: Do you do any research as part of the writing process? What does that entail?


A: I do tons of research. It's a pet peeve of mine when it's obvious a writer hasn't done their research, especially where sex, or even worse, BDSM is concerned. For my BDSM holiday novella, I talked to a bunch of people who practice BDSM. I also did research online and read two of the most prominent books on the subject - SM 101 and Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns.

Q: Any final words of inspiration for emerging authors?


A: Keep writing, don't take rejection personally, keep writing, and keep writing. Oh, and once you actually publish? That's when the hard work really begins. ;-)


To Be Read...

Talk to Me, out now from Loose Id & named a Top Pick by Night Owl Reviews!

Uniform Behaviour, out now from Andrews UK

Caught, coming December 2011 from Loose Id




Author Bio...

Cassandra Carr lives in Western New York with her husband, Inspiration, and her daughter, Too Cute for Words. When not writing she enjoys watching hockey and hanging out on Twitter. Her debut novel, Talk to Me, was released by Loose Id on March 22, 2011. She is also an Editor at Wild Child Publishing and Freya's Bower Publishing.

 Author Links...




Author Website: http://www.booksbycassandracarr.com/
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorCassandraCarr  
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Cassandra_Carr.


Purchase your copy of Talk To Me here:


http://www.loose-id.com/Talk-to-Me.aspx






No comments:

Post a Comment